Mt. Lebanon Presbyterian Church
|Mt. Lebanon Presbyterian Church, Washington Road, Mount Lebanon, between 1871 and 1929. Charlotte Abbott Dudt Collection.|
This was the third meeting house of the St. Clair Congregation that originally met in a log church, built in 1806, near the intersection of Scott and Washington Roads. The log cabin was replaced in 1837 by a brick structure which was destroyed in a windstorm in 1871, and that building was replaced by the building in the photo. This building was replaced in 1929 by the "Twin Towers", built of stone.
Many of the children of Edward and Elizabeth Jacob Abbott were members of this church. Here they observed the rites of baptism, Communion, marriage and death, and were educated in the faith.